- Our customer needed to upgrade their GEM80 PLC Master / Standby System to the latest Emerson RX3i PLC range
- Replacing the GEM80’s needed careful planning as the plant needed to be running 24/7 during the upgrade phase
- The systems comprised of over 2,800 rungs of code with over 1,400 Digital I/O points and 64 Analogues
- The two systems needed to be synchronised for a bumpless change over
- SCADA Server had to be fully operational during the upgrade phase
- With our expert knowledge of the GEM80 range and Emerson (ex GE) PLCs the code was migrated with success
- Due to the need for no interruption of the process during installation the conversion was fully tested with plant simulation code within our factory.
- Our customer was able to witness and control our Factory Acceptance testing remotely using our digital twin.
- Our in-depth knowledge of PCVue/P1200 SCADA enabled us to migrate the graphics to the new platform.
- With our unique phased approach Transicon installed and commissioned the new system in under 4 days, whilst maintaining production, much to the satisfaction of our customer.
- Transicon have also successfully carried out conversions to Siemens / Rockwell PLC’s