The sweet taste of success
- A pick, place and pack line was causing 1% waste, costing the customer up to 18,000 per month in lost product.
- Customer objective - to reduce on-going waste costs to a level of 0.2% whilst minimizing capital expenditure to achieve that goal.
- In partnership with Transicon, the customer addressed their production efficiency issues. Transicon Engineers made their recommendations and the project took shape.
- Modifications to Siemens Step 7 and Rexroth Indraworks raised efficiency on the line and downtime was reduced to required levels. Reliability was further enhanced by the inclusion of ongoing continuous improvement software modifications.
- Transicon appointed a Resident Engineer to operate alongside the customer Continuous Improvement Team, with additional support available on demand.
- Across the joint programme, productivity improved from 8 pallets per hour to 10 pallets, whilst retaining brand integrity. All the customer objectives were met and a saving of up to 15000 per month has been made.
If you require a solution for any electrical control application, our team of highly skilled engineers are here to help.